I am very much behind on responding to my comments (thank you, though, and I will very shortly) and answering these questions, per Jenn at The Future Fords and TheStorkWhisperer at TheStorkDiaries. I think just about everyone around has answered them by now (I’m very late), so I’m just going to quickly respond, but here goes nothing, anyway:
1. What is your all-time favorite food? Well, dessert? Or…main dish? I’ve always said that a big plate of spaghetti with meatballs, fresh garlic bread on the side, finished with an ice cream sundae is my favorite meal (and foods). Unfortunately, I can no longer eat any of it!
2. If you went to college, what was your major? If not, what was your favorite subject in high school?
I did go to college, UCONN specifically, and majored in elementary education, with a minor in sociology that never gets used. UCONN has a 5-year education program, where you leave with your Bachelor’s and Master’s, which is nice. I did have to have an area of study, though, and of course, I chose English.
3. If you could change one thing about your physical appearance, what would it be?
At the moment? The extra 10 pounds I’ve put on in the last few years. I also hate feet, mine included. Otherwise, though, I’m good.
4. Beach or mountains? Mountains. Someday, N and I are going to retire in the mountains, deep in the woods, in our beautiful log cabin. Or at least we hope.
5. What is your favorite color? You’d think these questions would be simple, but they aren’t! To wear – black or white. To look at – purple or light blue.
6. How tall are you? 5′ 6 and a half inches.
7. If you could go any one place in the world (money is not a factor) where would you choose to go? Probably back to England. I lived in London for a semester, and I would really like to go back.
8. Who is the biggest role model in your life? Aww…my mom (she takes great pleasure in reading this). But seriously, she does drive me crazy with her ever-so-positive teacher voice, yet I’ve been modeling myself after her for years, and I expect I’ll do the same as a parent.
9. When you die, how do you want to be remembered? I have no idea how to answer that question!
10. Do you have a favorite quote? If so, what is it? Talk about Debbie Downer – I hate quotes! I especially hate those “made-for-lifetime TV” quotes that people post all over their houses. I’m sorry, it’s awful. I mean, once in a while a good long, real quote from a book or something is different. But I do “live, laugh, and love” and don’t need a sign on my door to remind me of it.
And now from TheStorkWhisperer:
1. Finish the sentence: Don’t look now, but some guy is checking you out and he looks creepy. I think I’ve said those words in college, many times.
2. What household product or beauty product do you prefer not to live without? Well, for beauty products, I’m quite a simple girl. But what I use, I can’t live without. Cover-up, blush, and eye liner. That’s about it.
3. Open your closet. Most of your clothes are what color? Well, I’ll tell you what color they are not. I have next to NO yellow, orange, red, or green clothes. I’m all white, black, purple, blue, and gray. Also, they are all solid colors, with occasional stripes. I have virtually no patterned clothing.
4. Wedge sandals or tennis shoes? I’m not very girly, so definitely tennis shoes.
5. What is your favorite flower? Either the tulip or the Gerbera daisy.
6. Do you any allergies? If so, what are they? Care to share what they are? Ha! Well not real allergies, but they appear like them. Let’s see, food? Well, sugar, wheat, onions…that’s good enough for now.
7. What is your favorite season? As much as I love summer because I’m off from work, I really love winter. I love the word “winter”, I love snow, I love the colors of the season, I love Christmas, I love snow days, and I’d take a really cold day over a really hot one anytime.
8. Which TV family, past or present, do you think your future family will be most like? Great question. Everybody Loves Raymond? With a little more love.
9. On average, how many hours do you spend on the internet each day? Between reading blogs and checking my random apps, probably around 2.
10. Ice-cream or popsicle stick? Ice cream, all day, every day.