Well, tomorrow actually, but close enough. An accomplishment I suppose.
But can I just whine and complain for a few? Like, for the whole post?
Yesterday I told myself I wouldn’t write a whiny post because I’m not dying or looking for any pity, but today I’ve decided I feel better when I vent, and that’s reason enough.
I’m just saying – I am SO SO uncomfortable. Unbelievably uncomfortable. Some of these things are bed rest related, some because I’m pregnant and showing at about 36-37 weeks, and some because I’m pregnant with twins.
My doctor said yesterday at my quick check-up, people say they want twins and they have no idea what they are getting themselves into. That said, I wanted twins, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I just don’t know if I’d want to go through this again, unless carrying around one baby is drastically different. Anyway, I feel the need to whine in list form.
– Two months of bed rest have ruined my hips and legs. My legs are only held up by bones and walking more than a few feet makes them want to crumple into a pile of bone dust. My hips are really hurting, and when I’m trying to sleep I have to switch from side to side about every half hour because of the pain in my hips. I used to be able to go a few hours before needing to turn and now it’s less than one. No big deal except for how hard it is to turn over. I have to fully sit up, which uses my stomach muscles and that hurts. Not to mention it causes contractions.
– Even if I hadn’t been put on bed rest, I’d probably have no choice, because as I said, I really can’t walk. I’m hunched over, carrying my stomach and everything hurts. And when I have to sit down in a chair (as in at the doctor’s), I can’t just sit. I slump down trying to make it more comfortable, holding myself up with my arms. Of course they don’t have recliners at the doctor’s. So it bugs me when all these other pregnant women come in and walk normally, sit up straight, cross their legs and look totally comfortable. I always am out of breath looking like I’m preparing to give birth right there.
– I’m having awful rib pain. It’s on my right side way up high, and it extends from the front to my side and sometimes to my back. I’ve done my research and know about the gallbladder/liver issue but I don’t think that’s it. I think it’s Goat, breech and throwing some limb underneath my ribs and pushing. I also feel the pain when I have contractions. It can be bad enough to make me totally insane and the only way to get rid of it temporarily is to lay on my side. Which hurts my hips. My doctor said yesterday that there is no room in my uterus. I’m just completely filled. She thinks it’s Goat as well. But it has gotten worse in the last week. I’ve had to stop this post multiple times to push around my ribs and readjust.
– A yeast infection. Horrible symptoms driving me mad. We’ll leave it at that.
– I’ve never even HAD eczema!! Not really anyway. Within the last few days I’ve developed a rash on my hands (not the palms) and it looks like eczema. Itches like crazy and has been getting worse. This morning I’ve noticed it on the tops of my feet. What is going on?? Again, I’ve done my research and it’s not PUPPS – looks nothing like that and no rash on my stomach. And it’s not cholestasis (which could’ve gone with the rib pain as a liver problem), because I do have a rash, and soles of feet and palms of hands are fine. But I’m so itchy! I did show the doctor yesterday and she was no help. She thought it was poison ivy and not related to pregnancy at all. I’d have to highly disagree.
– I have a lot of contractions, more every day. And they hurt.
I think that’s it for my list, at least for now. I can never get comfortable, which isn’t good when you’re on bed rest because I keep moving around and it causes contractions. It’s just been pretty unpleasant recently and every day I wonder if I will have to make a trip to labor and delivery. I’ll complain here and show you that I’m miserable, but if you ask me personally I’ll say “fine”. I don’t want to complain. I am just physically wretched.
The positive is that I’ve done two months of bed rest, I’ve made it this far. Unfortunately, I’m not sure how much longer my body can hold on. I’m trying, but I kind of have a feeling this is almost over, which I don’t want, because these babies will be so small. So that’s a little nerve wracking.