It’s been quite a while but I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Tales of a Twin Mombie (Thank you!!) I love how the blogging community is so supportive of each other, and for me, that was through infertility and now as a mother!
Here are the questions that were given to me:
1. Do you have any exciting plans for the summer? If so, what?
My exciting plans are living a summer life with two children in it, which is something new. I’m a teacher and have the luxury of summers off, so I am super excited to do kid-like things with my twins – go to the playground, museums, zoos, the beach, hang out in the backyard, etc. I also plan to take the babies to Maine and New Hampshire. Luckily, they’ll be turning one in July, so they’ll be at an age where they will appreciate the fun things we do. I’m so, so excited to be a summer mom.
2. The Voice or American Idol?!
I used to love American Idol (think: Carrie Underwood) in its best days. But I actually can’t stand it anymore, what with stupid drama between judges and the talent not being…as good as it once was. It seems a bit desperate for ratings now, and I don’t like that. I like The Voice a lot better – but to be honest, I don’t really watch either of them!
3. What was your favorite subject in high school? Why?
English, for sure. Always kind of a deep thinker, I LOVED teachers who got me thinking and asking questions about myself, my relationships, my world, all because of a great novel or set of poems. I was lucky enough to have amazing English teachers all my life, which surely helped develop my love of writing and reflection.
4. Favorite place to buy products for your home? (Think Ikea, Home Goods, etc.)
My house is a mess. Embarrassingly so. Every weekend, it’s “what projects are we tackling today?” when we wake up, but then I go about my normal day of taking care of 8 month old twins, and even with my husband’s help…the day doesn’t really look much different than the previous 5 before it. I have no time.
I’m making excuses, but my point is…not only do I not buy products for my home, but I wouldn’t have anywhere to put them unless they went on the walls. That’s quite pathetic. However, if I DID buy products for my home…I do like Home Goods for cheap decorations. What I really like in a home, and what I would do if I had the time, would be to 1) put up more pictures. I love to fill walls with pictures. And 2) to “decorate” with some fabulous storage. I really enjoy organization, hence why I go crazy in my house. I’d go to The Container Store and have a blast. I’d put up shelves and just bask in the glory of filling up containers, nice and neat, with all of my crap. I’d label the storage containers and sit back and enjoy my handy-work. My house would look neat and I wouldn’t be embarrassed with the clutter that fills our rooms.
5. What are you looking forward to the most this week?
Last week, my babies were sick and we couldn’t really leave the house. This week, I’m all about trying to get out of the house and get back into our routine. Plus, we may have temperatures that aren’t below freezing, so that’s something. Finally, Auntie is coming home for the weekend and she hasn’t seen the babies in a very long time! 🙂
6. What was the last movie you saw in the movie theatre? What did you think about it?
I honestly cannot even tell you. It’s been years.
7. Facebook or Twitter? Why?
I loathe the idea of social media in some of its forms, for some of its uses, and for the way it is all-consuming to seemingly everyone on the planet, but then I’m a total hypocrite and have both. I use facebook, though, to post pictures of my twins and look at my friends’ pictures as well. It can be slightly addicting, yes.
8. Why are you a wordpress blogger?
I started this blog a few years ago because I was going though fertility treatments and really needed to find other people in the same boat, which I did. I continue to blog because I enjoy writing, I enjoy my babies, and I enjoy reading other’s blogs as well, so I figure if I’m reading the blogs of others, they may be reading mine.
9. If you could give me a piece of parenting advice, what would it be?
I’m not totally sure – some days I feel like I’ve got this thing down, but then there are moments where I worry. Many moments. I think the advice I would continue to give myself is that it’s okay to worry, and to ponder, and to google, and to do whatever makes you feel better when it comes to parenting, but at the same time, there are things that are out of your control and you just have to go with it.
That’s hard for me. Random people touching my babies? Stupid comments made to myself or my children? Situations that make me think, this isn’t exactly what I want right now…but then, can I ignore it? Can I move on? Will it hurt the babies in the long run?
No? Okay, deep breath. Continue with the day.
I guess that’s not advice for others – it’s for me. I enjoy taking control of my children’s lives and making decisions on their behalf, and I do 99% of the time. That 1% – you’ve just got to let go. And I do.
10. If you could be stuck wearing a pair of shoes for the rest of your life, what pair would you pick and why?
Out of all my shoes – my Ugg boots are the most comfy, quickest to put on, not terribly ugly and very sturdy and for those reasons, I choose them.
Here are the blogs I am nominating:
1) Space Monkey Twins – a new friend, fellow twin mom whose babies are so cute and her drawings – amazing!!!
2) After the Finish Line – another twin mom, she posts the most adorable pictures of her boy/girl twins!
3) Scrambled Eggs – I have been following Belle for a very long time and she now has the sweetest little girl close to my twins’ age. Check her out!
4) Journey to the Finish Line – this twin mom has been lovely to follow, as her babies are a few months older than mine and it’s nice to see what’s coming down the pike for me!
Those are just a few of the many I read and follow – but it’s 9:45 and I have 5,892 chores still to do tonight. 🙂 Blog before chores…
1) What is the oddest dream you’ve ever had?
2) What is your biggest success in your life thus far? Your biggest wish-you-could-do-over?
3) Name 5 foods you couldn’t stop eating unless you were absolutely forced to.
4) Do you feel like an “adult”? What are some of the things in your daily life that remind you that you 1) are an adult but 2) don’t feel like one?
5) Who was your favorite teacher? What made him/her your favorite?
6) If you weren’t doing your current job, what career would you have instead?
7) Name one talent you wish you had. What would you do with it?
8) What was your favorite childhood book?
9) You get a week’s free vacation to go anywhere in the world. Where do you go and who do you bring with you?
10) What’s your biggest pet peeve?
I leave with my new favorite picture, my twins cracking up at each other. Makes my day!